Shooter

Default differentiating between "and"/"or" in a formula

I have values in cells A1:D1. In cell F1, I would like a formula that will
print the words "Max all" if A1B1 and A1C1 and A1D1.
I would also like a formula in cell G1 that will print the words "Max one or
more" if A1B1 or A1C1 or A1D1.
I do not want to use the "max" command in either of the above formulas.
Thanks for the help.

--
Shooter
Frank Kabel

Hi
have a look at the LARGE function

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Shooter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have values in cells A1:D1. In cell F1, I would like a formula that

will
print the words "Max all" if A1B1 and A1C1 and A1D1.
I would also like a formula in cell G1 that will print the words "Max

one or
more" if A1B1 or A1C1 or A1D1.
I do not want to use the "max" command in either of the above

formulas.
Thanks for the help.

--
Shooter

Shooter

The "large" function will be helpfull but I was really just trying to
determine the difference in a basic formula between "and" and "or" scenarios.
I am a bit of a novice and would really appreciate if you could write a
simple formula for the enclosed scenario. Thanks again.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
have a look at the LARGE function

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Shooter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have values in cells A1:D1. In cell F1, I would like a formula that

will
print the words "Max all" if A1B1 and A1C1 and A1D1.
I would also like a formula in cell G1 that will print the words "Max

one or
more" if A1B1 or A1C1 or A1D1.
I do not want to use the "max" command in either of the above

formulas.
Thanks for the help.

--
Shooter

Frank Kabel

Hi
just wondering why you do not want to use the MAX function (homework??)
But try:
IF(COUNTIF(B1:D1,"<" & A1)=3,"MAX",IF(COUNTIF(B1:D1,"<" & A1)0,"MAX
one or more","smallest"))

--

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
have a look at the LARGE function

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Shooter" schrieb im

Newsbeitrag
I have values in cells A1:D1. In cell F1, I would like a formula

that
will
print the words "Max all" if A1B1 and A1C1 and A1D1.
I would also like a formula in cell G1 that will print the words

"Max
one or
more" if A1B1 or A1C1 or A1D1.
I do not want to use the "max" command in either of the above

formulas.
Thanks for the help.

--
Shooter

K.S.Warrier

hi,
try this.
for F1, put =if(and(a1b1,a1c1,a1d1),"max all","")
and for G1, put =if(or(a1b1,a1c1,a1d1),"max one or more","")
K.S.Warrier