Linn Kubler

Default Highlighting rows?

Hi,

Using Excel 2003 here and when I navigate a spreadsheet using the arrow
keys, or the mouse for that matter, I'd like to highlight the entire row. I
think this would make it much easier to visually scan the row and read the
data. Is there a way to do this? I thought there was a check box in the
options I could turn on but that must have been another version of Excel.

Thanks in advance,
Linn

Linn Kubler

This looked promising Paul but it doesn't work with Excel 2003. The
instructions say it supports up to 2002. Excel crashes when I try to enable
it. Wonder how I can remove it from my Add-ins list.

Thanks,
Linn

"Paul B" wrote in message
Linn, have a look at Chip's row liner addin at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm and see it will do what you
want
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Linn Kubler" wrote in message

Using Excel 2003 here and when I navigate a spreadsheet using the arrow
keys, or the mouse for that matter, I'd like to highlight the entire row.
I think this would make it much easier to visually scan the row and read
the data. Is there a way to do this? I thought there was a check box in
the options I could turn on but that must have been another version of
Excel.

Thanks in advance,
Linn

Paul B

Linn, sorry, I was not aware that it would not work in 2003, I am not at a
machine with 2003 installed at this time to test
delete the addin and then start excel then tools addins and click in row
liner, excel should tell you that it can't find it and ask if you want to
delete it in the list.
You might also want to have a look here
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/highl...iteRetainColor

--

"Paul B" wrote in message
Linn, have a look at Chip's row liner addin at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm and see it will do what you
want
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Linn Kubler" wrote in message

Using Excel 2003 here and when I navigate a spreadsheet using the arrow
keys, or the mouse for that matter, I'd like to highlight the entire

row.
I think this would make it much easier to visually scan the row and

read
the data. Is there a way to do this? I thought there was a check box

in
the options I could turn on but that must have been another version of
Excel.

Thanks in advance,
Linn

Dave Peterson

It worked ok for me when I tried in xl2003.

I would suspect that it was written before xl2003 was available and Chip just
hasn't updated the web page.

(I don't have a guess why xl2003 crashed on you, though.)

"Paul B" wrote in message
Linn, have a look at Chip's row liner addin at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm and see it will do what you
want
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Linn Kubler" wrote in message

Using Excel 2003 here and when I navigate a spreadsheet using the arrow
keys, or the mouse for that matter, I'd like to highlight the entire row.
I think this would make it much easier to visually scan the row and read
the data. Is there a way to do this? I thought there was a check box in
the options I could turn on but that must have been another version of
Excel.

Thanks in advance,
Linn

--

Dave Peterson
Linn Kubler

Ah yes, I like that example much better. I like having access to the actual
code so I can modify it if I want to. I still can't get the addin to
delete. I googled it and found a couple descripitons on how to remove it,
very much like you suggested, but nothing works. When I delete it and start
Excel, select Tools|Addins and click the rowliner and select OK it crashes
Excel. When Excel restarts it tells me that it had a problem with the
rowliner addin and asks if I want to disable it. No option for deleting.
Disabling leaves it in the addin list. Very annoying.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to remove an addin I'd love to hear
them.

Thanks again Paul,
Linn

"Paul B" wrote in message
Linn, have a look at Chip's row liner addin at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm and see it will do what you
want
--
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from
it