Milo

Default making variables constant

I have three fields in a row (a1, b1, c1)
with values like 'Jones', 'James', and 'Earl'.
I can make a fourth column D with formulas to make
it look like "Jones, James Earl" in cell D1.

But how can I make this column then constant?
I'd like to copy this info elsewhere -- sometimes
the whole column, sometimes just one of the cells.
But it's all reference dependent so I couldn't, for instance, copy "Jones,
James Earl" into a word document.

How can I make a column of values locked as they are right now?