DTTODGG

Default PivotTable Contents

Hello-
I'm REALLY new at pivot tables and need to get up to speed quickly. They
seem very powerful, but I'm just starting.
Could you tell me how to get actual data in the data fields? I just get
counts. I want the actual data (names not count).
This must be a simple format thing, I just can't find it.
Thanks.
DTTODGG

I still need help on this one.
If I go the "Field Settings", I can change count to sum or other math
functions, but I want the actual text data NOT the count. (Like the
salespersons name not the count of how many salespersons.
I hope I'm clear on this, I really need help.
Thanks.

"DTTODGG" wrote:

Hello-
I'm REALLY new at pivot tables and need to get up to speed quickly. They
seem very powerful, but I'm just starting.
Could you tell me how to get actual data in the data fields? I just get
counts. I want the actual data (names not count).
This must be a simple format thing, I just can't find it.
Thanks.

Ken Wright

Don't drag it into a DATA area, drag it into a ROW field. If you suddenly
get a whol eload of unwanted subtotals then simply right click one of them
and choose 'none' under the 'automatic subtotals' field.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03