Red

Default high lite a row

I am resending my previous question, I did not phrase it correctly. Sorry.

I would like to be able to have the row I am entering information into
automatically be highlited. As I move up and down that row would highlilte. I
am working with a lot of names in the column and a lot of data in the rows
that I need to match up to the names.

Thanks again
Don Guillett

this should do what you want. Right click sheet tabview codecopy\paste
this. However, it will delete ALL other shading.

Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Red" wrote in message
I am resending my previous question, I did not phrase it correctly.

Sorry.

I would like to be able to have the row I am entering information into
automatically be highlited. As I move up and down that row would

highlilte. I
am working with a lot of names in the column and a lot of data in the rows
that I need to match up to the names.

Thanks again

Ryan Poth

Red,

I can't think of an easy way to do this, but here is a not-so-easy way. It
involves a Workbook event and conditional formatting. It also uses a "helper"
cell, which I have put in $A$1. You can obviously change this cell to be
anywhere you like. Ok, here goes:

Right-click on the title bar of your worksheet, and select "View Code". This
will bring up the VBA editor. Copy and paste this code in that window:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
As Range)
Range("A1").Value = ActiveCell.Row
End Sub

Now close that window and go back to Excel.

Select all of the rows you want to highlight when they are active and then
go to Format-Conditional Formatting...

Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is".
Enter the following formula: =ROW()=$A$1
Now select the formatting you wish to use to highlight the row.
Press OK and you should be in business.

HTH,
Ryan

"Red" wrote:

I am resending my previous question, I did not phrase it correctly. Sorry.

I would like to be able to have the row I am entering information into
automatically be highlited. As I move up and down that row would highlilte. I
am working with a lot of names in the column and a lot of data in the rows
that I need to match up to the names.

Thanks again

Gord Dibben

Red

You need VBA for this.

See Chip Pearson's page for code and his Rowliner add-in.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM...ightActiveCell

Gord Dibben Excel MVP