Josborne

Default record count using two different cells

Hello,
I am trying to get a record count based on two fields
say col A = X and col B=Y then count the record.
I have used =COUNTIF(H23:H999,A1) + COUNTIF(B23:B999,A8),
but it looks to be giving me the result of the first plus the result of the
second. Can anyone help.
Frank Kabel

Hi
=SUMPRODUCT(--(H23:H999=A1),--(B23:B999=A8))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel