Jeff Henrichs

Default Excel 2003 cell contents truncated when linked into Word?

I have a worksheet with cells that contain about 200-3000 characters.
These cells are linked into a Word 2003 document using the

{LINK Excel.Sheet8 C:\\filename.xls SheetName!namedcell \a \r \f 4}

syntax.

Problem is that my cells are getting truncated at nine
hundred-something characters or so. This does not seem exactly
consistent (I cut pasted text into new Word docs and one was 990
characters including blanks, another 992, another 933).

Does anyone know what the nature of this limit is (I read of a 256 char
limit in 2000 and ealier editions), and whether it can be
modified/worked around without massive redesign? (I've spent literally
about 5 months building this spreadsheet, I'd really rather not have to
start over again.)

Many thanks for any help/thoughts/suggestions.