spooker4u

Default Grading Function Question...

Am trying to create a function within my worksheet to give student's
their grade at any given point in time within the classes
term/semester. (i.e. if 7 week class, I can tell them what their grade
will be on week 4).

Currently I am using a point system (i.e. 9/10 = 90%) then averaging
each assignments averages together to determine the student's total
average grade, thereby assigning them their respective grade. What I
can't figure out is how to look at my workbook/worksheet and tell the
student what there grade IS today (since the values for future
assignments are 0 or null).

I suppose that I could change my average function on each of my
student's rows to reflect the average of only what is being requested,
but that is very time consuming, and not very practicle... I was hoping
to use "date()" function to have the cell determine based on the date
what their grade would be today if I/they were done with the class.

Any ideas?

--
spooker4u
spooker4u's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15935

Bernie Deitrick

Spooker,

The easiest way is to use the AVARAGE function, but leave all ungraded calls
blank (don't enter a zero unless that is the actuall score). Excel will
ignore the blanks, and give you the average for only the entered values.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP