Nick

Default How to control worksheet initialization upon opening a workbook

I have 2 worksheets. Each one contains a few buttons.

When I open my workbook, I would like to initialize some of the
behavior on each worksheet. For example, I would like to disable
certain buttons on each worksheet.

I am quite aware of the workbook_open() routine and also aware that
I can iterate through the workbook to retrieve each worksheet.

However, I find it hard to believe that I can't initialize behavior
for each or certain worksheets upon startup.

Ideally, I would like to do this:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.<initialize <----- this would be nice
Next ws
End Sub

Suggestions?

Am I completely off-base with my approach?

thanks.
Bob Phillips

Yep you are off base. Your view of initialize would be different than mine,
would be different that ... etc. Together with different data combinations,
added controls, and so on, and so on, the combinations are many.

--

HTH

RP

"Nick" wrote in message
om...
I have 2 worksheets. Each one contains a few buttons.

When I open my workbook, I would like to initialize some of the
behavior on each worksheet. For example, I would like to disable
certain buttons on each worksheet.

I am quite aware of the workbook_open() routine and also aware that
I can iterate through the workbook to retrieve each worksheet.

However, I find it hard to believe that I can't initialize behavior
for each or certain worksheets upon startup.

Ideally, I would like to do this:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.<initialize <----- this would be nice
Next ws
End Sub

Suggestions?

Am I completely off-base with my approach?

thanks.

Bob Phillips

Sorry, I thought I answered the question

Am I completely off-base with my approach?

What I was talking about was that a generic initialize method would be
(almost?) limitless in its combinations, thus it is not surprising it
doesn't exist.

Any suggestions basically would amount to writing an initialize class or
something similar that would handle all of your combinations,. but that
would probably take more effort that doing what you are doing.

--

HTH

RP

"Nick" wrote in message
om...
No offence, but what exactly are you talking about?
I'm looking for suggestions not opinions.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

Yep you are off base. Your view of initialize would be different than

mine,
would be different that ... etc. Together with different data

combinations,
added controls, and so on, and so on, the combinations are many.

--

HTH

RP

om...