Herb

Default Sorting dates

I want to sort dates by month and day while ignoring the year. Is there a
way to do that? Thanks. -Herb Mann

7/1/2005
9/1/2003
12/15/2004

Peo Sjoblom

Only by using a help column and sort by that column

=MONTH(A2)

assuming your data starts in A2, copy down and sort

Peo Sjoblom

"Herb" wrote in message
I want to sort dates by month and day while ignoring the year. Is there a
way to do that? Thanks. -Herb Mann

7/1/2005
9/1/2003
12/15/2004

Frank Kabel

Hi
in a helper column enter the formula
=TEXT(A1,"MMDD")
and sort with this helper column

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Herb wrote:
I want to sort dates by month and day while ignoring the year. Is
there a way to do that? Thanks. -Herb Mann

7/1/2005
9/1/2003
12/15/2004

Herb

Thank you very much.

Herb wrote:
I want to sort dates by month and day while ignoring the year. Is
there a way to do that? Thanks. -Herb Mann

7/1/2005
9/1/2003
12/15/2004

Question on sorting dates Excel heavy user Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 January 21st 05 05:12 PM
sorting using dates Tpason Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 14th 05 09:21 PM
Formating Dates for production schedule dpl7579 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 11th 05 08:43 PM
due dates Niki New Users to Excel 4 January 10th 05 04:11 PM
I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a new s mmollat Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 6th 05 07:35 PM