jrholmesj

Default Cut and Paste

I have a large column of cells. I would like to cut and paste the first five
digits of each of the cells in this column, without cutting and pasting the
remaining cell info. How is this done?
Frank Kabel

Hi
try a formula such as
=LEFT(A1,5)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

jrholmesj wrote:
I have a large column of cells. I would like to cut and paste the
first five digits of each of the cells in this column, without
cutting and pasting the remaining cell info. How is this done?

mzehr

Use a helper column (say Column B)
In b1 put the following formula = left(a1,5)
copy that cell all the way down to where your data ends in column a
Then highlight column B and paste special - values to whereever you want
them pasted