Mark Ansonia

Default Excel Database Query

In an attempt to run a basic Excel 2003 database query (from Excel to
Excel), several of the selected ranges did not show up on the final page.
They were identical to adjacent columns (that came through perfectly) in
every aspect known to me. The faulty columns were presented by just the
heading and the value of the second line (which was a MATCH formula for
LOOKUPS) followed by a seemingly random distribution of zeros that did not
match the location of values included in the source. The source column
included both text and numerical values. The source file was originally
created by someone else. Thus the question - what have I missed?

Concrete steps:
Data - import - new db query - query from excel files - select file - select
named range (the faulty columns were included in the range) - no
restrictions - no sorting

The source data is driven by formulas but so are others that went through.
There are no data validation restrictions. Columns that worked had both
numerial and text values as did the faulty columns.

Thanks