alax

Default is there a way?

Hello i have a list with total counts i.e.

aaaa 5
bbbb 2
cccc 7

I want to be able to create a spreadsheet with a list like this

aaaa
aaaa
aaaa
aaaa
aaaa
bbbb
bbbb
cccc
cccc
cccc
cccc
cccc
cccc
cccc

is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks.

NHarkawat

Not a formula per se but a work around.
Assuming "aaaa" is on Col A and number of times in Col B copy this formula
in Col C
=IF($B1+3-COLUMN()<=0,"",$A1)
and copy across this on all the colums. (the upper liit however is 256
columns)
Coy this formula down against all the column of your data
Then using Copy-- transpose paste special you can get the output in rows.