aking1987

Default help please

Forget the above issue...

NEW ISSUE:

We would like to write the end spreadsheet to PDF (Acrobat Distller).
If the user does not have the program i would like an error msg to be
displayed (MSGBOX).

Is there any way to detect the users list of printers, and if Distiller
is not present then display the error?

thanks

--
aking1987
aking1987's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15393

Myrna Larson

Access has an Application.Printers collection. Excel doesn't. Word doesn't. If
your users have Access, you could get at it that way. Otherwise, I supposed
you'll have to use Windows API calls and/or access the Registry to get the
list.

There may be another problem: there programs other than Adobe Acrobat that can
create PDF files. Some are free, some are under $50. Do you want to preclude
use of those programs?