Vliegveld

Default Autofilter Stops Working

solution is to stop automatically calculate formulas in the options
menu.
manually calculate the links after filtering with f9

--
Vliegveld
Vliegveld's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13208

Chris C

Pablo

I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

"Pablo" wrote:

It happens in a long one and a short one too. Thanks but didn't help. :-(

"Paul B" wrote:

Pablo, you said large worksheet, maybe this will help

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003
"Pablo" wrote in message
I have a large worksheet that I apply auto filter to review data by

certain
attributes. I use Excel 2003.

The problem I have is that for some reason after I filter for one

criteria
i try doing the next filter and it stops working. Things are going great
then all of a sudden the filter locks and will not work.

I have to turn off the filter function, unhide the filtered rows, and then
tunr the filter back on.

This is a BIG inconvience!

I have gone to various web sites at work and at home and get nothing about
my problem.

Is there a solution??

StephenOlah

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. Excel 2002 in this case. 16
columns x 1903 rows. Autofilter spontaneously stops responding. Drop down
controls do not work. Must turn off autofilter, manually un-hide all, then
re-enable autofilter. Sometimes happens even before able to select any of
the drop downs. Interesting note: the spreadsheet can be saved and
re-opened in the locked state. Other worksheets are not affected when
problem worksheet is locked.

I've seen many posts on this subject, but no solutions. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen

nabru

Have you found a resolution for this?
I have a customer with the same problem but she's using Excel 2003.

Steve

Once again, Has anyone found a resolution to this problem? I have a customer
that has the exact same issue. It is very spontaneous. Sometimes it happens
immediately, sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes for it to happen, but the
autofilter function stops working

"nabru" wrote:

Have you found a resolution for this?
I have a customer with the same problem but she's using Excel 2003.

SkyDiver

I talked to MicroSoft about this and they could not help me. I pointed
them to this forum, including this topic and others to make them
realize that this is a significant problem for quite a few people.

Right now, they're trying to "archive" my case. I told them that I
expected that they would continue to work on it until they have fixed
it, but I haven't heard back and I don't have time to ask repeatedly.
(Also, their tech support is in India and it is sometimes hard to
understand their people.)

Here is one more thing I've discovered to manage with this insidious
problem. When the filter stops working, go into Visual Basic (Alt-F11)
and look at the Properties of the sheet in the box at the lower left of
the screen.

EnableAutoFilter will be set to False. Turn it to True. (It should be
set to True when you have turned on an AutoFilter. I made MS aware of
this too.) After that, I think you may have to shut the filter down
and then re-apply it. The filter will work for a while after that, but
may stop working again.

When I tried this a few weeks ago, it worked for so long that I thought
it was a complete fix, but then it started freezing again.

-- SkyDiver

--
SkyDiver
SkyDiver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8234