Chandler

Default New web query with Excel Pro Edition 2003

Usng new web query from the data menu, with Excel 2000 I would just browse
from the new web query window to the web page I wanted and then import the
data into the worksheet. The new web query window in the Excel 2003 edition
doesn't appear to have this facility, nor can I paste the web page address
into the new web query window address box. This box only offers my home page
and any typed URLs from IE. Can someone enlighten me please?

Regards

Chandler
Bill Manville

Chandler wrote:
Usng new web query from the data menu, with Excel 2000 I would just browse
from the new web query window to the web page I wanted and then import the
data into the worksheet.
The new web query window in the Excel 2003 edition
doesn't appear to have this facility

It doesn't have a browse button but I can type what I like into the box,
including say C:\ and click Go. Then it works like an explorer window

nor can I paste the web page address
into the new web query window address box.

I can. Using Ctrl+V, for example.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England