Glen

Default How do I change print option defaults?

When printing in Excel (2003, ver 11.6355.6408), I always use the Scaling
option in Page Setup and set it to "Fit To: 1 page wide, x 1 page tall."

Is there a way to make this the default setting for all print jobs?

Glen
Dave Peterson

I think I would record a macro when I did this once (manually).

Then just rerun that macro whenever I wanted that page layout.

An alternative...

You can set up two template workbooks that have that page layout that you like.

The first one is named book.xlt (file|saveas|Template (*.xlt)).

This is stored in your XLStart folder. When you click the New icon on the
standard toolbar, you'll get a new workbook based on this template.

The second one is named sheet.xlt and is saved in the same location (XLStart
folder).

When you add a new worksheet to an existing workbook, you'll get a worksheet
based on this template.

(When I did mine, I really created a single sheet workbook and saved it as
book.xlt, then I just copied that book.xlt to sheet.xlt--all within my XLStart
folder.)

This won't help any existing worksheets, but that will help any new.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
BntConan

I have the same question, but mine one want to apply not only new one, but
all existing excel files. Is this possible?

Glen wrote:

When printing in Excel (2003, ver 11.6355.6408), I always use the Scaling
option in Page Setup and set it to "Fit To: 1 page wide, x 1 page tall."

Is there a way to make this the default setting for all print jobs?

Glen

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

I think I'd create a dedicated macro -- maybe store it in personal.xls -- that
did the work. Then I could just run that when I needed to adjust the print
range.