dave ratchford

Default How can I get mouse shortcuts to work in Excel

Since changing my Machine and Mouse the very useful shortcuts which used to
work on the mouse does not work anymore I have checked setup and all seems
fine can anyone help.
The new mouse is the Microsft wireless desktop product and I am using Office
2000 Pro
Many Thanks
Dave
David McRitchie

Hi Dave,
Might help if you were more specific of an example of something
that is missing.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#mouse

also you could be talking about right-click (context) menus that
you might have had installed macros for.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/rightclick.htm
---
HTH,

"dave ratchford" <dave wrote in message
Since changing my Machine and Mouse the very useful shortcuts which used to
work on the mouse does not work anymore I have checked setup and all seems
fine can anyone help.
The new mouse is the Microsft wireless desktop product and I am using Office
2000 Pro
Many Thanks
Dave

dave ratchford

Hi Dave, Thanks for the response.
The type of issues were as follows:-
Selecting a group of cells and right clicking would allow me to format or
change the properties of all those cells, now it just de-selects the cells.
When right clicking on the tab of a worksheet the edit menu would apear now
it just fails to do anything, ands similar stuff which you tend to do
automattically as the above when working in the worksheet.

If it is a Add-in Then i would appreciate any help offered.
Regards
Dave

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Hi Dave,
Might help if you were more specific of an example of something
that is missing.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#mouse

also you could be talking about right-click (context) menus that
you might have had installed macros for.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/rightclick.htm
---
HTH,

"dave ratchford" <dave wrote in message
Since changing my Machine and Mouse the very useful shortcuts which used to
work on the mouse does not work anymore I have checked setup and all seems
fine can anyone help.
The new mouse is the Microsft wireless desktop product and I am using Office
2000 Pro
Many Thanks
Dave

David McRitchie

Hi Dave,

Looks like you are missing the context menu, try this it is listed on the second page I referenced:
The Intermediate window is from the Visual Basic Editor. So from Excel use Alt+F11 to get to
the VBE then use Ctrl+G to bring up the Intermediate Window.

Listed under Problems on my rightclick.htm page:

There is no right click menu (context menu missing). Try this command in the Intermediate Window (Ctrl+G)
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset

---
HTH,

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Hi Dave,
Might help if you were more specific of an example of something
that is missing.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#mouse

also you could be talking about right-click (context) menus that
you might have had installed macros for.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/rightclick.htm
---
HTH,

"dave ratchford" <dave wrote in message
Since changing my Machine and Mouse the very useful shortcuts which used to
work on the mouse does not work anymore I have checked setup and all seems
fine can anyone help.
The new mouse is the Microsft wireless desktop product and I am using Office
2000 Pro
Many Thanks
Dave

Gord Dibben

Sounds like also missing the right-click on sheet tab menu.

Application.CommandBars("Ply").Reset

Gord Dibben Excel MVP