Frustrated invoicer!

Default How to shade a row of cells using conditional formatting

Hi! I have a row of invoice information that I want to shade if the cell in
column N has a "+" sign (where the "+" sign indicates that the invoice has
been paid.) I have 26 worksheets in the workbook so I thought I could write
the conditional format to apply to one row and then check entire workbook so
that the function would check each row in each worksheet and then shade the
row if the cell in column N contained the "+" sign but I can only get the
cell in row N to shade if there is a "+" sign in that cell. How to I write
the function to check the cell in column N and then shade the entire row, not
just the cell in column N?
Frank Kabel

Hi
try:
- select for example rows 1:20
- goto the conditional format dialog
- enter the following formula:
=$N1="+"

"Frustrated invoicer!" wrote:

Hi! I have a row of invoice information that I want to shade if the cell in
column N has a "+" sign (where the "+" sign indicates that the invoice has
been paid.) I have 26 worksheets in the workbook so I thought I could write
the conditional format to apply to one row and then check entire workbook so
that the function would check each row in each worksheet and then shade the
row if the cell in column N contained the "+" sign but I can only get the
cell in row N to shade if there is a "+" sign in that cell. How to I write
the function to check the cell in column N and then shade the entire row, not
just the cell in column N?

Biff

Hi!

Are you sure that you want to shade the *entire* row from
column A to column IV ?

If that's what you want then select the entire row by
selecting the row number header at the far left of the
sheet. Use a cf formula like:

=$N1="+"

Biff

Hi! I have a row of invoice information that I want to

shade if the cell in
column N has a "+" sign (where the "+" sign indicates

that the invoice has
been paid.) I have 26 worksheets in the workbook so I

thought I could write
the conditional format to apply to one row and then check

entire workbook so
that the function would check each row in each worksheet

and then shade the
row if the cell in column N contained the "+" sign but I

can only get the
cell in row N to shade if there is a "+" sign in that

cell. How to I write
the function to check the cell in column N and then shade

the entire row, not
just the cell in column N?
.

Frank Kabel

Hi Biff
sure :-)
try frank[dot]kabel[at]mummert[dot]de

as I can't read the other account during the day

"Biff" wrote:

Hi Frank!

Can I contact you in private?

Biff