mango

Default vlookup help!!!

Dear all, do you think if use vlookup can work?
vlookup(table a desc, table b, 2 , true)

i tried but cannot as both not exact map. even i use true also cannot. pls
help! i think need to use additional function, right?
can show me using vba lookup in different sheet?

thanks alot.

table a sheet 1

desc material price (return code here)
SHELL PLATE SA516 50 21110
SHELL PLATE SA516 40 21110
SKIRT SUPPORT SA516 30 21130
FLANGES SA709 100 21180
GASKETS SA123 75 21520
GASKETS SA123 20 21520

table b sheet 2
desc code
CARBON STEEL - SHELL PLATE 21110
CARBON STEEL - SKIRTS/SAD 21130
CARBON STEEL - PIPES 21140
CARBON STEEL - TUBE SHEET 21170
STAINLESS STEEL - FLANGES 21180
BOLTS/NUTS/GASKETS/SPARE 21520

Myrna Larson

Set TableA = Range("A1:A20")
Set TableB = Range("K13:L88")
X = TableA.Cells(3).Value
Y = Application.VLOOKUP("*" & X & "*", TableB, 2, True)