lisa.lute

Default PVIF

I need to set up the formula for PVIF.
PVIF=1/(1+k)^n
k=interest rate
n=years

How do I enter this as a formula? I haven't found the standard instructions
to be very beneficial.
bpeltzer

=PV(5%,14,0,-1). Change 5% to your interest rate and 14 to the number of
years. PV really isn't meant to find the factor, but rather the PV of a
series of cash flows. But if we set the annual payments to 0 and the FV to
-1, we get the factor.