Saskia

Default Date formula by decade

For an assignment I'm asked to calculate how many decades have elasped
since a particular date.

Can anyone help me with this formula

--
Saskia
Saskia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15810

Frank Kabel

Hi
maybe
=INT(DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")/10)

"Saskia" wrote:

For an assignment I'm asked to calculate how many decades have elasped
since a particular date.

Can anyone help me with this formula

--
Saskia
Saskia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15810
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=273088

Govind

You havent specified how you are going to count the years(like if the
difference in years is 26 , do you want the result as 2 or 3).If you
want result as 2 then use

=ROUNDDOWN(DATEDIF(B2,C2,"Y")/10,0)

where B2 has the start date and C2 has the end date.

If the result should be 3 then use

=ROUND(DATEDIF(B2,C2,"Y")/10,0)

where B2 has the start date and C2 has the end date.

Regards

Govind.

Saskia wrote:

For an assignment I'm asked to calculate how many decades have elasped
since a particular date.

Can anyone help me with this formula

Myrna Larson

With units of decades and the term "elapsed", I expect an integer result is
required. With your example of 26 years, 2 decades have elapsed; 3 decades
have not elapsed. IMO, the result must be 2, not 3.