ramsdesk

Default how to get name of worksheet in a workbook?

If I have several worksheets in an Excel file, is there a way to look
for a particular worksheet (by name) and use it in a formula...

thanks,

--
ramsdesk
ramsdesk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15705

Kenjiro Yagi

Hi Ramsdesk,

If you are just trying to enter a formula in a cell. Say you want to get a
value from another sheet, you can type

[name of sheet]![range]

So, if I want to get Cell A1 from sheet named "John"

John!A1

Would work.

If you are trying to use it in VBA, try

Sheets("John").range("A1")

If you want to find out a sheet name

Msgbox Sheets("John").name
Or
Activesheet.name
Etc. etc.

Good luck!

Kenjiro Yagi
http://www.spoofee.com

On 10/27/04 4:37 PM, in article ,
"ramsdesk" wrote:

If I have several worksheets in an Excel file, is there a way to look
for a particular worksheet (by name) and use it in a formula...

thanks,

Frank Kabel

Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"ramsdesk" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

If I have several worksheets in an Excel file, is there a way to look
for a particular worksheet (by name) and use it in a formula...

thanks,

--
ramsdesk

---