Murf2

Default change history with no [shared] file name

I am setting up a file that will track changes made to it. A coworker feels
as though her work is being sabotaged. Others need to have access to the
files for business purposes but should not make wholesale changes. When the
file is opened, the top of the screen displays the file name followed by "
[shared] ". Is there a way to eliminate this descriptive term so people don't
know the changes are being tracked?

Thanks
Murf2
Alan

"Murf2" wrote in message

I am setting up a file that will track changes made to it. A
coworker feels as though her work is being sabotaged. Others need to
have access to the files for business purposes but should not make
wholesale changes. When the file is opened, the top of the screen
displays the file name followed by " [shared] ". Is there a way to
eliminate this descriptive term so people don't know the changes are
being tracked?

Thanks
Murf2

Hi Murf2,

It *sounds* like you have an administrator type person, and the users.

Presumably the users are updating data, but not changing the logic /
flow of the workbook?

If so, then why not replace the one file with two, where data can be
held and updated in one, and the logic / business rules maintained in
the other.

You could also consider moving to, say, Access, but the business case
for that is often not strong enough to warrant going there.

HTH,

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

email address

Murf2

Thanks for the reply. The idea here is to be able to track changes with out
the person making the changes being aware of it. This is not a typical
business situation. I want to "catch" someone making changes they shouldn't
be. This requires that the file look exactly as it does normaly. The
[shared] note in the title is potentially notifying people that something is
different with the file.

Is there anyway to remove the "[shared] marking?

"Alan" wrote:

"Murf2" wrote in message

[...]

Alan

"Murf2" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply. The idea here is to be able to track changes
with out the person making the changes being aware of it. This is

not
a typical business situation. I want to "catch" someone making
changes they shouldn't be. This requires that the file look exactly
as it does normaly. The [shared] note in the title is potentially
notifying people that something is different with the file.

Is there anyway to remove the "[shared] marking?

You could use the worksheet_change event to log every change to cells
in a worksheet I guess - not sure how robust or difficult to implement
that would be though.

HTH,

Alan.