crow919

Default Windows in taskbar keeps unchecking in share mode.

I have an Excel file that I am sharing across a network. The problem I am
running into when ever I open this file it unchecks the "windows in taskbar"
option. The does the same to any other Excel files that are open. I did some
diffrent test and came up with that if it is not shared then it will keep the
option checked when closed out. If shared it will uncheck after closing it
out. I need this file to be shared. Any ideals on what to do. This is
Excel 2000 I belive Ver 9.0.2720.

Please help
Thanks
Gord Dibben

crow

This is a bug with shared workbooks in Office 2000 and it seems there never
was a fix for it.

Excel 2002 has corrected the bug.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 05:55:03 -0800, "crow919"
wrote:

I have an Excel file that I am sharing across a network. The problem I am
running into when ever I open this file it unchecks the "windows in taskbar"
option. The does the same to any other Excel files that are open. I did some
diffrent test and came up with that if it is not shared then it will keep the
option checked when closed out. If shared it will uncheck after closing it
out. I need this file to be shared. Any ideals on what to do. This is
Excel 2000 I belive Ver 9.0.2720.

Please help
Thanks

Dave Peterson

Maybe you could use a workbook that checks this setting each time it could get
changed:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...F659%40msn.com

--

Dave Peterson