RWN

Default Change Autosave defaults in XL2k

Is it possible (registry?) to change the default settings for AutoSave-specifically the
time between saves and the "Prompt before Saving" values?

--
Regards;
Rob

Dave Peterson

tools|autosave
There's a box for how many minutes between saves.

If these settings aren't being saved, then you may want to make sure you have
the latest Service Packs for xl2k. (I think one of those fixed this problem.)

Or...

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...8d4dbcedd29c22

or

http://snipurl.com/ip16

Has some code that may help you.

RWN wrote:

Is it possible (registry?) to change the default settings for AutoSave-specifically the
time between saves and the "Prompt before Saving" values?

--
Regards;
Rob

Dave Peterson
RWN

Thanks Dave;
I am up to date-I believe-with SP3.
This is one of those "minor annoyance" things.
If I forget to change it (I usually set it to 30 min with no prompting) it seems like it
always "intrudes" at the wrong time and has the nasty habit of changing the sheet I'm
viewing/working on.
Hopefully I'll be moving on to Off'03 shortly (keep up with the system at work) so it will
no longer be an issue.

Thanks again.

--
Regards;
Rob

RWN wrote:

Is it possible (registry?) to change the default settings for AutoSave-specifically

the
time between saves and the "Prompt before Saving" values?

--
Regards;
Rob

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
called AutoSafe (note spelling).

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or puts
them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups from the
recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

Jan Karel's version will know if there was a crash and prompt you to open the
last version it saved.