Me

Default How can I extend the maximum # of columns to 500

I need more than 250 columns in a spread sheet. How can I change the maximum
size to 500?
Nick Hodge

Not possible in Excel I'm afraid

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Me" wrote in message
I need more than 250 columns in a spread sheet. How can I change the
maximum
size to 500?

Gord Dibben

You can't.

256 is the limit. Use another worksheet or another application.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:39:07 -0800, "Me" wrote:

I need more than 250 columns in a spread sheet. How can I change the maximum
size to 500?

Jack in the UK

Hi buddy
Sadly Excel offer the 256 max columns, if you need more i would suggest
splitting teh data set over two worksheets ie first 250 and second 250
you can now work OK - format them correctley and when you print no one
will ever know.

Jack

--
Jack in the UK