jwr

Default Cannot previous post - email via access to excel template

How do I see previous post from last week?

Bill Manville

I don't know how you are accessing the forum
I use an off-line reader (Virtual Access) so I have local copies of all
messages.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Bill Manville

Yes, and I replied.

I have since had second thoughts and my reply is now modified to:

Quite a big query to redefine in MSQuery from scratch.

What I suggest you do is define a new query in Access, which is the
same as the current one but without the WHERE clause (ie remove the
conditions). I will assume it is named "MyQuery".

In Excel use Data / Import External Data / New Database
Query to retrieve all fields from MyQuery.

On the last dialog of the query wizard, elect to edit the query in MS
Query.

Click the SQL button.
You should see "SELECT * FROM MyQuery"
Add " WHERE ControlNum=[First Control Number?] And
ControlNum<=[Last Control Number?]"

If you now try to run the query by clicking the ! button it will prompt
you for the 2 parameters (First Control Number and Last Control
Number).

File / Return results to Excel.

Then when you refresh the query in Excel it should prompt you again for
the parameters. As mentioned before you can link the parameters to
cells if you wish.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

David McRitchie

Hi Joy,
From looking at your headers we can see you are using
Outlook Express.

The easiest way to find you previous posts and read the entire thread
is to use a Google Groups Advanced search, put your email address
into the author field for the search, you can limit groups to *excel*
with the asterisks and further limit by date if you want.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
You might want to sign up at Google so that you can reply directly
from the thread rather than finding your thread again on OE. But I
would continue to use OE for using newsgroups.

Google Advanced Groups Search
-- http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...=group:*Excel*
Newsgroup: *excel* (optional was specified in url above)
Author: __ (place your email address here)___

You can find and look at the thread in Outlook Express.
as long as you have the threaded view
View, Current View, Group messages ...
then sort on username and look for your name as jwr
if you type in a k you will start at k which should be a short distance
down from your name.

More information on using Outlook Express in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/ie6.htm

In newsgroups you should be above to change to a view
Watched under View or even better if you put the dropdown
on your toolbar for Views. They the RED subject titles would
indicate your postings and replies under your postings.
---

HTH,