Anthony

Default Put same data in cells on two different worksheets (link?)

Goal: To have two worksheets and only input the common information one time.
Example: Worksheet A is geared to customer information - job number, date
started, customer name. Worksheet B is geared toward cost information. I
would like to input the data on Worksheet A and have it "linked" to Worksheet
B. I used to do this (a long time ago) but forgot how and can't find it in
the tutorials. Thans for any assistance!
peter

Yeah, I have a similar question. I have one sheet that I import data
into daily. I then copy it into another sheet that keeps building with
more entries below the previous entries. The import sheet is cleared
and refreshed each day. The number of rows on the import sheet vaories
from day to day. Is there any way to link so I do not have to copy and
paste each day?

Thanks,
Peter

peter

If I understand you correctly,
mave a cell on each record in A that holds an unique cust
ID. Then in B you have to enter the ID for each record
(row). The adjacent cells need to have a vlookup of the
ID in A and return the corresponding data to B.

peter
Goal: To have two worksheets and only input the common

information one time.
Example: Worksheet A is geared to customer

information - job number, date
started, customer name. Worksheet B is geared toward

cost information. I
would like to input the data on Worksheet A and have

it "linked" to Worksheet
B. I used to do this (a long time ago) but forgot how

and can't find it in
the tutorials. Thans for any assistance!
.

peter

I'm not sure I understand. Basically, each day I have a text file that
has a customer with 8 other pieces of data. It all runs horizontally
and the number of customers varies from day to day. I import it into
M1, so if there were 3 cutomers today, it would take up cells M1 thru
M27. I have it setup so A1 thru I1 refers tp M1 thru M9,b2 thru I2
refers to M10 thru M18, etc. I refresh the data automatically each
day, then copy cells A thru I and paste them on another sheet, with
each day being pasted below the previous day. I am just wondering if
this last step of copying and pasting can be automated. You may have
answered this already, but I am new to excel and did not quite get it.
Thanks,
Peter