trinity

Default Excel 2003 - insert picture - Not Responding

Hi all,
Hope you can help. Using Excel 2003 whenever I try to insert a picture
from file Excel brings up the file selection dialog box, allows me to
select the picture file that I want to insert but after I click on 'ok'
to actually select the file Excel hangs and eventually shows 'Not
Responding' next to the file name in the title bar.

This is causing me major problems as I need to be able to insert
pictures into worksheets constantly throughout the day. I am using
Offie 2003 on XP Pro. At the moment I am having to get colleagues to
insert the pictures on their machines (all running Office 2000) and
then save the files for me.

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction!!

--
trinity
Anne Troy

I would simply try troubleshooting Excel.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"trinity" wrote in message

Hi all,
Hope you can help. Using Excel 2003 whenever I try to insert a picture
from file Excel brings up the file selection dialog box, allows me to
select the picture file that I want to insert but after I click on 'ok'
to actually select the file Excel hangs and eventually shows 'Not
Responding' next to the file name in the title bar.

This is causing me major problems as I need to be able to insert
pictures into worksheets constantly throughout the day. I am using
Offie 2003 on XP Pro. At the moment I am having to get colleagues to
insert the pictures on their machines (all running Office 2000) and
then save the files for me.

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction!!

--
trinity

trinity

Thanks for the suggestion. I have run through the list of ideas you
directed me to and initially after renaming the .xlb file it did
actually insert a picture. However, the second time I tried it, it
didn't work and hung once more giving the 'not responding' message as
previously.

I have also tried deleting the excel folder from windows registry as
the article suggests but this didn't resolve the issue either.

Any other ideas??!
Thanks.

Anne Troy Wrote:
I would simply try troubleshooting Excel.
http://tinyurl.com/bo2xp
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"trinity" wrote in message
...-

[...]

Anne Troy

Very strange, Trinity. Have you run Detect and Repair from the Help menu?
Can you insert pix into Word or other Office apps? If not, run repair on
Office from the control panel.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

Anne Troy Wrote:
I would simply try troubleshooting Excel.
http://tinyurl.com/bo2xp
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"trinity" wrote in message
...-

[...]

trinity

After a LOT of messing around I have now discovered that I can insert a
picture if it is containe dwithin the My documents folder (or folders
withim My Docs) but not from My Desktop.

This is sufficient to enable me to carry on working.
Thanks for the suggestions to date. A strange situation though!!

Anne Troy Wrote:
I would simply try troubleshooting Excel.
http://tinyurl.com/bo2xp
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

...-