Charisma Riley

Default Editing a Chart Directly??

I seem to remember in an Excel version of the past that there was a way for
me to edit a chart directly, not using the Chart Wizard or Options screen...
I could highlight poritons of the chart and make changes, etc. But I can't
seem to make that happen now. I have created a basic chart in Excel 2002
based on some financial data... I simply want to place a legend or have a
note area to the right of it and have it say whatever I want to. Right now,
the chart behaves kind of like a picture embedded in that i can't change
individual aspects of it without that stupid chart wizard thing. I know
editing a chart directly is possible... but I can't for the life of me
remember how... nor can I find any reference to it in the online help. If
any of you can tell me how, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
CJ

Jon Peltier

Charisma -

If you use the chart wizard, are you able to make changes? What happens if you
double click on any of the chart elements? Or right click on them?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Charisma Riley wrote:

I seem to remember in an Excel version of the past that there was a way for
me to edit a chart directly, not using the Chart Wizard or Options screen...
I could highlight poritons of the chart and make changes, etc. But I can't
seem to make that happen now. I have created a basic chart in Excel 2002
based on some financial data... I simply want to place a legend or have a
note area to the right of it and have it say whatever I want to. Right now,
the chart behaves kind of like a picture embedded in that i can't change
individual aspects of it without that stupid chart wizard thing. I know
editing a chart directly is possible... but I can't for the life of me
remember how... nor can I find any reference to it in the online help. If
any of you can tell me how, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
CJ

Jon Peltier

I tried this before I posted. You can't even select a chart in a shared
workbook. Sounds like Charisma can get the usual editing capabilities
but only when selecting in some ways. I've never heard of this.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Tushar Mehta wrote:
Do you by any chance have the workbook shared? ISTR that shared
workbooks have limited chart editing capability.