Emile Ianni

Default Open Application Error?

HELP!!!!
I cannot open an Excel spreadsheet, document, I created or even a new
application? A spreadsheet, workbook, new and/ or existing, screen comes up;
but right away, I get internet Explorer error to report and send, or not
send, error report, or to debug? I have choosen all options! Any choosen
choice, closes and shuts down every Excel application, program.
I have excel documents created, to access and need to create new ones? Is
there a setting, I need to change? I uninstalled, re-installed, updated, and
search office, online, for a solution. I have no other course of action.
Can someone help me get my Excel application to work? I would appreciate any
help or suggestions? Thank You, Emile
Dave Peterson

Sometimes, the file that excel uses to keep track of customized toolbars can get
corrupted. If you delete that file, it sometimes helps.

close excel
then windows start button|search
Search for all *.xlb files (in hidden folders, too)
Rename all the *.xlb files to *.xlbOLD

Start excel and see if it worked.

If it did, delete those *.xlbOLD files and rebuild any changes you've made.

If it didn't work, just rename them back (no harm, no foul).

Then it'll be time to read some notes...

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

--

Dave Peterson