Might also be another tricky formula

Default IN AN IF FORMULA COPY STRING OF DATA IF A CELL IS CORRECT

I have a chart that I need help with. Is there formula that can carry over
data from one specific row to another chart if a salesperson's initial is
imputed. I'm trying to create seperate charts for each sales person without
having to re-imput the data onto another chart or copy and paste.

A B C D
1 Date Customer Name Salesperson's Initials Amount
2 10/10/05 Smith JV
$500.00
3 10/11/05 Johnson CF
$250.00

For example: If row #2 with JV is imputted in the master screen, can row
#2's information be automatically displayed onto another chart without
re-imputing or copying?

Please Help
Thank You
JV
Jezebel

You need three elements to make it work:

1) the range containing the source data, as in your example. Call this range
'SourceData'. Put the initials in the first column within this range.
2) a cell containing the initials. Call this cell 'Initials'.
3) a range used as the source for the chart. The cells in this range will
contain Vlookup() formulas to retrieve the data for the selected
salesperson --

=VLOOKUP(Initials, SourceData, n)

where n is the column number of the data you want.

#2's information be automatically displayed onto another chart without
re-imputing or copying?

Please Help
Thank You
JV