Joe

Default How do I stop book1.xls opening on startup?

Every time excel starts it automatically opens a sheet called book1.xls. Is
there any way to stop this happening
Dave Peterson

Check your XLStart folder and look for book1.xls. Move it or delete it.

Use Windows start button|search to find that folder.

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

Joe

If no book1.xls in XLSTART folder..........

Append a /e to your shortcut command line.

"C:\Program Files\MS Office\Office\excel.exe" /e

Note the double quotes and the space between " and /e

Gord Dibben Excel MVP