RWN

Default Killing the split window

xl2kpro & xl'03
One workbook has the split is turned on permanently.
The option in the Window drop down says "Split" but the split slider on the vertical
scroll bar still shows.
This workbook is shuffled between work (xl'03) and home (xl2kpro) and, at work I used the
"Compare side by side" option which may have triggered this problem.

--
Regards;
Rob

Gord Dibben

RWN

If the "Split" option is available under Window, this means Split is not
enabled and the slider is visible and usable.

If Split was enabled you would see "Remove Split" under Window and slider
would be gone.

Sounds to me like all is as it should be and you have no problem.

Unless you have WindowFreeze Panes enabled and perceive this to be a problem?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 22:11:10 -0500, "RWN" wrote:

xl2kpro & xl'03
One workbook has the split is turned on permanently.
The option in the Window drop down says "Split" but the split slider on the vertical
scroll bar still shows.
This workbook is shuffled between work (xl'03) and home (xl2kpro) and, at work I used the
"Compare side by side" option which may have triggered this problem.

RWN

<Embarrassed Sigh
My problem is advanced years!
I typically have "Freeze Panes" enabled on all my workbooks so I do not see the split
screen slider.
This one workbook, however, doesn't have the freeze option set so I became confused (too
many late nights).

Sorry for the waste of time.
--
Regards;