brasso

Default No Colour On Drawing In Excel

I've tralled this site to find a previously posted answer and can't find
one.

I have a user, who when drawing lines, shapes and so on in excel has no
colour (place holders are visible). I checked he wasn't using white on
white, and he was. However, when you clicked to change colour, it made
no difference. The colour box came up, you clicked on another colour
(eg red) and the selected box remained white, as though colour is
disabled. I have tried reinstalling, but no dice. The user claims this
started when he received his new laptop, but the display settings seem
fine.

Office apps are not my area of expertise.

Thanks

--
brasso