J.C.De

Default Formula Problem

I give below the calculation chart which I have prepared.

A10 B10 C10 D10 E10 F10 G10

2318 2318 2318 2318 2588 2588 2588

H10 I10 J10 Total

2588 2588 2588 24795

the figures were arrived at by formula =SUM(D3,D4)*30% ,
where for column A & B, A3 & B3 were 5150 and 2575 resp,
and for the remaining columns 5750 and 2875 resp.
In actual calculation the figures comes to 2317.5 for column A10 &B10
and 2587.5 for remainlng columns. The figures were rounded up to
2318 & 2588 by using 'increase decimal sign'. Now when I am adding the
row A10 to J10 I am getting 24795 instead of 24800 which I want.
I think difference of 5 which I am getting is due to rounding up, but
how do I a write the formula for the correction, so that in total I get
24800 instead of 24795.

Further I would like to know how do I round up a number to nearest 10,
i.e. how do I make 4285 to read as 4290 and 4284 to read as 4280.

Sorry for the rather lengthy post but could not make it any shorter to my
satisfaction.
Your help will be highly appreciated.
TIA.

JulieD

Hi

the 'increase decimal sign' doesn't really round, it only changes the way
the data is displayed. If you want to round a number to the nearest 10 use
=ROUND(your_formula,-1)

e.g.
=ROUND((D3+D4)*30%,-1)

Cheers