Default downloading excell from web

i need to download excel on to my pc from the web, can
anyone explain how i do this, please
Gord Dibben

christy

You don't download Excel. You purchase it or Office Suite from a retailer or
order from MS on line. They will send you a CD.

For info on ordering see this website.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/programs/default.asp to see the Office
products and how to purchase.

Note:you probably don't need XL2003 so browse to the "previous versions"
section.

Check out Ebay for a deal on Office 97 or 2000. If you go this route, make
sure there is a licence for the product.

If you just want to view or print the Excel file you can

Download and install the Excel Viewer from....

http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:01:22 -0800, "
wrote:

i need to download excel on to my pc from the web, can
anyone explain how i do this, please

CLR

Nice response Gord...........looks like you covered all the bases very
well........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote:

i need to download excel on to my pc from the web, can
anyone explain how i do this, please

Harlan Grove

" wrote...
i need to download excel on to my pc from the web, can
anyone explain how i do this, please

As others have pointed out, Excel isn't a download, nor is it free.

If you need a free download that can open and work with most Excel files,
you could try OpenOffice, http://www.openoffice.org .

Gordon

Harlan Grove wrote:
" wrote...

i need to download excel on to my pc from the web, can
anyone explain how i do this, please

As others have pointed out, Excel isn't a download, nor is it free.

If you need a free download that can open and work with most Excel files,
you could try OpenOffice, http://www.openoffice.org .

I've just downloaded Open Office 1.1.4 and was well impressed. The
spreadsheet does everything that a normal and advanced excel user
needs, and some! it also has a built-in exporter to pdf format!

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(4 weeks and
Harlan Grove

Gordon wrote...
I've just downloaded Open Office 1.1.4 and was well impressed. The
spreadsheet does everything that a normal and advanced excel user
needs, and some! it also has a built-in exporter to pdf format!

Don't go overboard. OOo Calc version 2, when it comes out, will be much
more of a challenger to Excel. Version 1.* doesn't support conditional
counting and summing using SUMPRODUCT, nor does it handle ROW() or
COLUMN() calls inside array formulas the same way Excel does. However,
for the 80% of users who use 20% of Excel's features, it does seem
perfectly adequate. [As in the sense that OpenOffice *should* be a
Microsfot Works killer. Someday it may be a Microsoft Office killer,
but that day is still a few years off.]

Tushar Mehta

You *can* download XL from the web, albeit a trial version. Start with
http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx Depending on why
you want it, the trial version may be adequate.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
i need to download excel on to my pc from the web, can
anyone explain how i do this, please

Harlan Grove

"Tushar Mehta" wrote...
You *can* download XL from the web, albeit a trial version. Start with
http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx Depending on why
you want it, the trial version may be adequate.

And this web page shows the condition: "This trial software is intended for
evaluation purposes only." Presumably if the OP wanted Excel for anything
other than evaluating it, s/he couldn't legally use the demo, no?

Tushar Mehta

In article ,
says...
"Tushar Mehta" wrote...
You *can* download XL from the web, albeit a trial version. Start with
http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx Depending on why
you want it, the trial version may be adequate.

And this web page shows the condition: "This trial software is intended for
evaluation purposes only." Presumably if the OP wanted Excel for anything
other than evaluating it, s/he couldn't legally use the demo, no?

Correct. Which is why the statement "Depending on why you want it..."

But for all those so convinced that MS doesn't make Office available
for download, this is a change worth noting. Apparently, MS has
decided, with 2003, to make a trial version available for download.
AFAIK, that is a significant departure from the past.

And, once the trial version concept takes root, how much longer can it
be before one can make a phone call (or visit a website), charge $abc
to a credit card, and get an 'activation' code?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions
JE McGimpsey

In article ,
Tushar Mehta wrote:

But for all those so convinced that MS doesn't make Office available
for download, this is a change worth noting. Apparently, MS has
decided, with 2003, to make a trial version available for download.
AFAIK, that is a significant departure from the past.

MacOffice has had a TestDrive version for several years now (starting
with Office v.X and continuing with Office 2004). It's a 30 day trial,
and it doesn't print (but does print preview).

And, once the trial version concept takes root, how much longer can it
be before one can make a phone call (or visit a website), charge $abc
to a credit card, and get an 'activation' code?

With MacOffice TestDrive, IIRC, the software is permanently crippled
(e.g., the print code is not included), so that a full version has to be
installed from CD. I'd expect that to be the model for future versions -
but of course, MacOffice doesn't have Activation, so I don't know if
that would make a difference.