George Gee

Default Date formula

Hi All

I would like to put today's date into a cell by entering data into another
cell, the following is what I am using now:

= IF(B3="","",TODAY())

If I open the worksheet tomorrow, then the date will change,
how do I get the date to not change?

Thanks

George Gee

George Gee

Thanks for your time.

However, I feel that this is going to be beyond me!

The formula that I gave as an example, is copied down to
row 100, so I am not sure what you are trying to tell me!

George Gee

*JE McGimpsey* has posted this message:

"George Gee" wrote:

Hi All

I would like to put today's date into a cell by entering data into
another cell, the following is what I am using now:

= IF(B3="","",TODAY())

If I open the worksheet tomorrow, then the date will change,
how do I get the date to not change?

George Gee

Can I try another way?

The following macro puts the date in the active cell:

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1/17/2005"
Range("A2").Select
End Sub

Question: How do I edit this so that the cell to the right of
the active cell is selected, when the macro is run?

Thanks for your patience!

"George Gee" wrote:

Hi All

I would like to put today's date into a cell by entering data into
another cell, the following is what I am using now:

= IF(B3="","",TODAY())

If I open the worksheet tomorrow, then the date will change,
how do I get the date to not change?

JE McGimpsey

one way:

ActiveCell.Value = Date