Roger Campbell

Default I want a running balance like a bank statement

how do i set up a spreadsheet so it works like a bank statement?

two ways
1.
A B C
1 Type Amount balance
2 credit 100.00 100.00
3 Debit 50.00 =If(a3="Debit",b2-b3,b2+b3)
4 debit 10.00 =If(a4="Debit",b3-b4,b3+b4)

2.

A B C
1 Debit Credit balance
2 100.00 100.00
3 50 =if(b3="",a3-b2,b3+b2)
4 10 =if(b4="",a4-b3,b4+b3)

how do i set up a spreadsheet so it works like a bank

statement?
.

Roger Campbell

Thanks, but what happens after row 4? Do I have to keep entering the formula
or will it just carry through? Also I was thinking about a format like
A B C
Date Amount+/- Balance
15jan 100.00 100.00
16jan -35.00 65.00
17jan 65.00 130.00

" wrote:

two ways
1.
A B C
1 Type Amount balance
2 credit 100.00 100.00
3 Debit 50.00 =If(a3="Debit",b2-b3,b2+b3)
4 debit 10.00 =If(a4="Debit",b3-b4,b3+b4)

2.

A B C
1 Debit Credit balance
2 100.00 100.00
3 50 =if(b3="",a3-b2,b3+b2)
4 10 =if(b4="",a4-b3,b4+b3)

Roger Campbell

Gord,

Thanks for your answer. It works brilliantly.

Roger

wrote:

Thanks, but what happens after row 4? Do I have to keep entering the formula
or will it just carry through? Also I was thinking about a format like
A B C
Date Amount+/- Balance
15jan 100.00 100.00
16jan -35.00 65.00