Amit

Default help with using Conditional Formatting

Hi,
I'm trying to set up conditional formating in my spreadsheet such that if
the value in column E is 100% that row should be colored with gray. No
matter what I try I can't seem to get this to work. Any help will be
appreciated.
Thanks
Amit

Max

Try this experiment:

Select say, rows 2 to 5
(select the row headers on the left)

Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1:
Formula Is | =$E2=1
Click Format button Patterns tab Gray OK
Click OK at the main dialog

Test by inputting into col E
(except E1, which is not covered)

Input in E3: 100%
(or the number "1")
the entire row3 should be filled with gray color

Clear E3, the color disappears ...
And so on

Adapt to suit ..
--
Rgds
Max
"Amit" wrote in message
I'm trying to set up conditional formating in my spreadsheet such that if
the value in column E is 100% that row should be colored with gray. No
matter what I try I can't seem to get this to work. Any help will be
appreciated.
Thanks
Amit

Gord Dibben

Amit

Select rows(not cells) to Format.

Then FormatCellsFormula is =$E1=1

Pick a gray color from the Format dialog and OK your way out.

NOTE: the dollar sign($) in $E1 must be entered.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP