snidely

Default Layout of spreadsheet

Took quite a while with some moderate sized sheets. Even Qpro for Windows
didn't handle it well. Went from Q DOS to Q Win to Excel.

Anyway, I am in a major learning curve. Question: I thought by now
that one would be able to change column widths in a modern spread sheet half
way down the page. I learned on this site it can't be done.
What I have is a summary page I want to print out that links to other
data in the work book. The top part of the page requires column widths of
one size, the bottom part completely different widths. IOW, it is like
having two separate sheets on one page.
What I have done the past 10-15 years is create 2 sheets and run the
page thru the printer twice! I thot by now there would be a simpler work
around. I guess I could continue to create 2 sheets, open up Word, (which I
am also learning<G) and import them. Sounds rather cumbersome tho.
Is there anyway to import one sheet w. its own data/layout into another
sheet?

...mike

CLR

One option would be to create two data-areas on one sheet, but side by side
rather than one over the other......this way you could have different column
widths on each data-area and could print them both out with one button-push
from a recorded macro............

Or, you could merge-cells for your upper area and leave them normal
un-merged for the lower area..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3
"snidely" wrote in message
[...]

Gord Dibben

Mike

With the tables on separate sheets......

Select the range on sheet2. Hold SHIFT key and EditCopy Picture.

Paste where you want on sheet1.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:21:01 -0800, "snidely"
wrote:

[...]

Gordon

snidely wrote:
[...]

What you can do for the wider columns is to merge two or more cells into
one.

Gordon

snidely wrote:
Thanks for the two hints, guys. The 3rd one, about merging cells
is beyond my comprehension at this point<G.

Select two or more cells, right-click, format cells, go to Alignment tab,
and under Text Options click the box "Merge cells" - that will turn two
cells (or more) into one long cell.

HTH