Struggling Person01

Default How do I create a template in Excel?

I am going to start doing some accounting for my family business. I want to
redo some of the obsolete daily report papers and make them electronic - so
instead of having the employees write it all down, generating a lot of
paperwork, they can just type the values into a template that automatically
adds up the daily numbers. This way I can access it electronically from home
without having to travel (1 hour) to get to the store then back home again
with the paperwork.

Anyway, I have been searching this site, and have found lots of useful
information about Excel, but I have yet to find a tutorial that actually
shows how to step-by-step set up a template in Excel. Please, can someone
point me in the right direction?

Ragdyer

I assume that your definition of a template is a form, where you use a copy
of the original, preserving the original, and then rename the "filled" in
template copy, and save it in a file.

See if this old post can help.

http://tinyurl.com/3qp2h

Post back with any further questions.
--
HTH,

RD

"Struggling Person01" <Struggling wrote
in message ...
I am going to start doing some accounting for my family business. I want

redo some of the obsolete daily report papers and make them electronic -

so
instead of having the employees write it all down, generating a lot of
paperwork, they can just type the values into a template that

automatically
adds up the daily numbers. This way I can access it electronically from

home
without having to travel (1 hour) to get to the store then back home again
with the paperwork.

Anyway, I have been searching this site, and have found lots of useful
information about Excel, but I have yet to find a tutorial that actually
shows how to step-by-step set up a template in Excel. Please, can someone
point me in the right direction?

Struggling Person01

This was helpful, but I read a little bit about how to make the file a
template with the Microsoft Excel help. I'm more curious as to how to
actually create the form - make boxes where employees can fill out the
numbers, and excel will automatically total the numbers. For example: They
type in the amount sold ($) in grocery, fuel, and beer/wine for the day into
seperate, respectively labeled boxes, and Excel will show the total beneath
it. I already know how to do mathematics with excel through some of the
tutorials, I just need to know how to make the form without the entire page
being columns and rows. I'd like the final result to look just like the
paper that the employees currently write on, just digital. Hopefully all
this makes sense, lemme know what you make of it!

"Ragdyer" wrote:

[...]

Ragdyer

Here you're talking about the actual mechanics involved in the creation a
specific form.

See if this old post helps in starting you out with some basics:

http://tinyurl.com/6w2mj
--

"Ragdyer" wrote:

I assume that your definition of a template is a form, where you use a

copy
of the original, preserving the original, and then rename the "filled"

in
template copy, and save it in a file.

See if this old post can help.

http://tinyurl.com/3qp2h

Post back with any further questions.
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

---