Excel Novice

Default Can I total information in 1 spreadsheet from several others?

Hi, I'm a basic user of Excel and need to know whether or not I can use one
master spreadsheet to accumulate and total information from a number of other
spreadsheets and if so how?

Many thanks
JulieD

Hi

it really depends on how you're worksheets are set out, if for example you
have sheet1, sheet2, sheet3 all with January in B3 and Hats in A4 and the
value for hats sold in January in B4 and you want on a summary sheet to add
all the hats sold across the three sheets, the formula would be
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!B4)

is this what you're after?

Cheers
JulieD

"Excel Novice" <Excel wrote in message
Hi, I'm a basic user of Excel and need to know whether or not I can use
one
master spreadsheet to accumulate and total information from a number of
other
spreadsheets and if so how?

Many thanks

JulieD

Hi

feel free to post back if you have further questions. Just a note, once
you've entered the first formula in say cell B4 you can use the fill handle
(move mouse over bottom right hand corner of the cell until you see a black
+ then hold & drag across the columns or down the rows as needed) to
automatically fill in the other formulas.

Cheers
JulieD

"Excel Novice" wrote in message
Many thanks JulieD that's the sort of thing. I have 3 identicle sheets
that
I'll be using to monitor output on various tasks. Each of these can (I
hope)
automatically update a Group sheet. They are all set up as sheet1, sheet
2
etc.

Thanks again.