Sunnyside One

Default How do I change the color of the Rows and Coumns headings

My rows and columns headings are currently a strange mauve color. It's none
of the colors that I use in my Windows appearance settings. I'm assuming
Excel automatically sets the rows and columns color automatically. I also
assume that it's based on other colors used in the Windows appearance color
setup. Is it possible for the user to change the color of the rows and
columns headings?
David McRitchie

Hi "Sunnytside One",
Yes there are control settings, but if things got changed on you quickly,
you might check your control panel, display, settings (tab), to make
sure that you are using 32 bit color, and under Advanced button
and color (tab) that the color curve is straight and the other items
are centered.for for each button in other words "Default".

On the Control Panel, Display, Appearance (tab) you can
change things like the colors and fontsize of your menus,
Would suggest reading this first: (so you have a known default to return to)
and some of the things that are changed with settings.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...llcommentcolor
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm#tabs

---
HTH,

"Sunnyside One" <Sunnyside wrote in message
My rows and columns headings are currently a strange mauve color. It's none
of the colors that I use in my Windows appearance settings. I'm assuming
Excel automatically sets the rows and columns color automatically. I also
assume that it's based on other colors used in the Windows appearance color
setup. Is it possible for the user to change the color of the rows and
columns headings?

Gord Dibben

Sunny

The colors are controlled by your Theme and not your Appearance.

Try mucking about with your Theme to get what you want.

Make sure you save a copy of your current Theme in case you want to go back to
it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:25:02 -0700, "Sunnyside One" <Sunnyside
wrote:

My rows and columns headings are currently a strange mauve color. It's none
of the colors that I use in my Windows appearance settings. I'm assuming
Excel automatically sets the rows and columns color automatically. I also
assume that it's based on other colors used in the Windows appearance color
setup. Is it possible for the user to change the color of the rows and
columns headings?

David McRitchie

The colors are controlled by your Theme and not your Appearance.

Oh I see now the poster did not indicate a change to Windows colors.