Cin3

Default How do I name the colums and rows?

I want to put a name into the colums where it says "A-Z". I need help on
doing this.

Can you help?
Peo Sjoblom

If you mean the built in column headers there is no way except removing them
and fake lookalike headers in row1

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Cin3" wrote:

I want to put a name into the colums where it says "A-Z". I need help on
doing this.

Can you help?

JE McGimpsey

Can't be done.

You can simulate this by hiding row and column headers
(Tools/Options/View), then entering the values you want in A1:Z1. This
won't change your cell references however (though you may be able to use
the intersection operator - I don't). Then enter 1 in A2 and fill down
as a series to simulate the row numbers.

If you do this, select cell B2 and choose Window/Freeze Panes to keep
the new column or row "headers" from scrolling.

In article ,
"Cin3" wrote:

I want to put a name into the colums where it says "A-Z". I need help on
doing this.

Bob Phillips

You can't. Best you can do is put a heading in row 1. You could then hide
headings.

--

HTH

RP

"Cin3" wrote in message
I want to put a name into the colums where it says "A-Z". I need help on
doing this.

Can you help?

Alan Beban

JE McGimpsey wrote:
. . .you may be able to use
the intersection operator - I don't....

OK, I'll bite. Why not?

Alan Beban

JE McGimpsey

In article ,
Alan Beban wrote:

OK, I'll bite. Why not?

Because handing a file that uses intersections over to my clients to
maintain is generally a recipe for disaster.

Especially if the specification calls for row or column headers using
multiple words, e.g.:

Heading 1 Heading 2 Heading 3
Row 1 1 2 3
Row 2 4 5 6
Row 3 7 8 9

seeing

= Heading 2 Row 1 + Heading 1 Row 3 / Heading 3 Row 2

just doesn't make sense to them, somehow.