-   -   how do I isolate cells to not print (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/4786-how-do-i-isolate-cells-not-print.html)

martin hanley

how do I isolate cells to not print

I have created a worksheet for an advice note using text only. I want to be
able to add variable information to the worksheet but when I print I only
want the variable information to appear. Can this be done? Many thanks.

Debra Dalgleish

You can use conditional formatting to hide some cells when printing.
There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Print

"martin hanley" wrote:

I have created a worksheet for an advice note using text only. I want to be
able to add variable information to the worksheet but when I print I only
want the variable information to appear. Can this be done? Many thanks.

iloveexcellllll

You could hide the information you don't want to print by selecting the
column or row and right clicking and choosing hide. Or you can format the
text to white so it doesn't show.