Terry_BWL

Default How do you make a backup file - .bak or MS equivalent?

I have been using Lotus. When you SAVE AS you are given the choice to make a
BAK (backup) file. Is there a similiar command in Excel? When I use SAVE AS
it just asks if I want to replace. Thanks for any help.
Don Guillett

Another approach saves the file in a backup folder.

Sub Backup() 'kept in personal.xls & assigned to toolbar button
On Error GoTo BackupFile
MkDir CurDir & "\Backup"
BackupFile:
With ActiveWorkbook
MyWB = .Path & "\BACKUP\" & .Name
.SaveCopyAs MyWB
.Save
End With

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Terry_BWL" wrote in message
I have been using Lotus. When you SAVE AS you are given the choice to

make a
BAK (backup) file. Is there a similiar command in Excel? When I use SAVE

AS
it just asks if I want to replace. Thanks for any help.

George Gee

Hi Terry

File Save as Tools General options,
checkmark in 'Always create backup'.