Mag

Default How to create a link between(Excel) Gantt chart and Excel source

I am trying to create an Excel Spreadsheet as the source for a Gantt Chart
created using Visio. (Doing this because the Visio Gantt is an anitermediary
step before the Gantt is presented in Powerpoint).

User wants to be able to enter.edit data in the Excel Spreadsheet and have
the updated information appear in the Gantt. Visio allows importing to
create the Gantt, but no link after the import appears to exist. Linking to
the Excel Spreadsheet from Visio works, but does not allow reformatting to
Gantt.

Anyone had experience with a similar scenario? Thanks.
--
Mag
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
MDunigan

Did you get any replies on this? This looks similar to my question that I
just posted.

Thanks, Mike

"Mag" wrote:

I am trying to create an Excel Spreadsheet as the source for a Gantt Chart
created using Visio. (Doing this because the Visio Gantt is an anitermediary
step before the Gantt is presented in Powerpoint).

User wants to be able to enter.edit data in the Excel Spreadsheet and have
the updated information appear in the Gantt. Visio allows importing to
create the Gantt, but no link after the import appears to exist. Linking to
the Excel Spreadsheet from Visio works, but does not allow reformatting to
Gantt.

Anyone had experience with a similar scenario? Thanks.
--
Mag

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Mag

Default How to create a link between(Excel) Gantt chart and Excel sour

Unfortunately no answers have been submitted.
--
Mag