Wondering Why

Default Making a check book ledger

I want to set up excel so I have three columns, debits, credits and balance.
How do I make it so that it will add or subtract the amount and give me the
proper balance each time?

Thank you

Steven

Paul B

Steven, here is one way, payments starting in E3, deposits starting in F3,
starting balance in G2, put this in G3 and copy down
=(IF(OR(E3,F30), OFFSET(G3,-1,0)- E3+F3,""))
I have a workbook set up for this if you would like to take a look at it let
me know your address and I will send you a copy, you may also want to have
a look here http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/ Microsoft has
one but when I tried to find it I got "Error: Access is Denied", there site
might be down right now

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

" Wondering Why" wrote in message
I want to set up excel so I have three columns, debits, credits and

balance.
How do I make it so that it will add or subtract the amount and give me

the
proper balance each time?

Thank you

Steven

Wondering Why

Yes, I would appreciate seeing your setup. To avoid spam, I just created a
throw away account in hotmail. Please use that. It is "mynewsgrps at hotmail
dot com"

--

Steven

There are two secrets to success in life:
1) Never tell people everything you know
"Paul B" wrote in message
[...]

Wondering Why

Ok, please explain to me what the date has to do with the balance? It looks
very good, but that one puzzles me. I guess I want an explanation of the
equation in "I". Also, why does nothing seem to reference i5 and i5 seems to
reference nothing. What is it for? What is column "b" for? This is really
very nice, however, even when I protect the sheet, both the "show checkbook
form" and "sort transaction list" buttons do nothing. What are they supposed
to do?

--

Steven

There are two secrets to success in life:
1) Never tell people everything you know
"Paul B" wrote in message
Steven, file has been sent

--

"Paul B" wrote in message
Steven, here is one way, payments starting in E3, deposits starting in

F3,
starting balance in G2, put this in G3 and copy down
=(IF(OR(E3,F30), OFFSET(G3,-1,0)- E3+F3,""))
I have a workbook set up for this if you would like to take a look at
it
let
me know your address and I will send you a copy, you may also want to
have
a look here http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/
Microsoft
has
one but when I tried to find it I got "Error: Access is Denied", there
site
might be down right now

--
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from
it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

" Wondering Why" wrote in message
I want to set up excel so I have three columns, debits, credits and
balance.
How do I make it so that it will add or subtract the amount and give
me
the
proper balance each time?

Thank you

Steven

Paul B

Steven, this does not sound like the file I sent you, the one I sent does
not have any VBA in it, so no "show checkbook
form" and "sort transaction list" buttons. Did You get the file that I
sent?
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

" Wondering Why" wrote in message
Ok, please explain to me what the date has to do with the balance? It

looks
very good, but that one puzzles me. I guess I want an explanation of the
equation in "I". Also, why does nothing seem to reference i5 and i5 seems

reference nothing. What is it for? What is column "b" for? This is really
very nice, however, even when I protect the sheet, both the "show

checkbook
form" and "sort transaction list" buttons do nothing. What are they

supposed
to do?

--

Steven

There are two secrets to success in life:
1) Never tell people everything you know
"Paul B" wrote in message
Steven, file has been sent

--

"Paul B" wrote in message
[...]

Wondering Why

Yes. I created that email address just to get your file, so you are the only
one who has written to it and that is the file you sent.

--

"Paul B" wrote in message
[...]

"Paul B" wrote in message
Steven, file has been sent

--

"Paul B" wrote in message
[...]

Ken Macksey

Hi

Sorry, but I jumped in there and sent you one I created as well. It should
have my name on it and iI did put my name on the email. It will not work
properly if you protect the sheet. If you have any questions, please email
me directly.

Ken

Wondering Why

Well, I was not paying attention and yes, I got yours ken. I do not
appreciate you jumping in where not invited. I know you had good intentions,
but you still should have posted here first to ask if it was ok to send
yours.

--

"Ken Macksey" wrote in message
Hi

Sorry, but I jumped in there and sent you one I created as well. It should
have my name on it and iI did put my name on the email. It will not work
properly if you protect the sheet. If you have any questions, please email
me directly.

Ken

Ken Macksey

Feel free to delete the a-mail.

Wondering Why

Paul, I did get yours too. Thank you for sending it. I am checking it out to
see what I want from it. I appreciate you sending it to me. I am sending you
a copy of what I am going to use.